Jun 20, 2019
A bit like chasing the end of the rainbow, is it ever possible in today’s culture to live a balanced life? It looks different for all of us but there are some definite keys to finding it.
To be fair, it looks different for all of us and the Swedish art of Lagom (pronounced 'lah-gom') ….loosely translated as “not too little, not too much, just right” is very helpful in encouraging us how to create balance by valuing “just the right amount” or having enough/sufficient, rather than having everything - there’s quite a difference!
Lagom is a liberating concept, praising the idea that anything more than just enough, is a waste of time. It also comes with a selflessness and core belief of responsibility and common good. The word itself is widely believed to come from the Viking term 'laget om', for when a mug of mead was passed around a circle and there was just enough for everyone to get a sip.
In this episode, we unpick living “lagom” and discover our own personal balance in life. Once we get our heads around being and having enough, we can:
· Live a happier and more balanced life
· Reduce your environmental impact
· Improve your work-life balance – the endless quest
· Free your home from clutter
· Enjoy good food the Swedish way
· Grow your own and learn to forage
· Cherish the relationships with those you love